Wednesday, December 3, 2008

December Arrives

Some of my friends think I'm crazy, but I love snow! When we decided to move to Missouri 4+ years ago, I was excited about the possibility of snowy winters. What I didn't realize is that Missouri is actually a Southern state, at least as far as climate (well, a lot of other things as well!). So, although we sometimes get real snow, usually we just get a nasty combination of rain, sleet and snow which makes driving treacherous and isn't very pretty. Occasionally this nasty combination is beautiful, like when it freezes, but then the roads are even more dangerous, and we're lucky to get out of our driveway, which is ever so slightly uphill.
In 2008, though, winter is off to right start, at least in my book. The snow flurries started on Sunday morning, though they didn't stick because the ground was still too warm. But by evening, it started to accumulate a little bit, and Monday morning we woke up to a beautiful sight!

Isaac is now at the age where he can dress himself, so he was out the door as soon as I let him go, after breakfast and family devotions. Eventually Elizabeth wanted to join him, and the first thing she was to imitate Isaac, and make a snow angel. But she stayed out and played with him for a good 1/2 hour before I heard her crying -- and Isaac said to me; "I think you forgot her gloves." When I went to investigate, she was gloveless and crying because of cold hands -- time to invest in one of those string mitten sets, I guess!

No comments: