Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pride and Prejudice/Snoopy

Our family has had the pleasure of being part of a wonderful theatre group for the past few years -- here is their website, so you can find out more about them (us!). Our first experience was 2 years ago, in The Prince and the Pauper. Zeke, Abby, Becky and I were all on stage as ensemble members, and Zeke and I both had very small solo singing parts. Last year, Zeke and Abby returned to the stage in The Pirates of Penzance, Abby as one of the Generals' many daughters, and Zeke as a policemen. Becky was the stage manager and I just played mom. It was one of the most incredible performances I have ever seen on stage, and I was actually glad I got to watch the entire thing. They are working on finishing a DVD of the performance, and will be selling it on the website-- I highly recommend it!
This year, Fine Linen produced Twelve Angry Men in the fall. None of us were involved, for obvious reasons :) (one of these days we'll get Dan involved!). This spring, we are doing Pride and Prejudice and Snoopy -- quite an undertaking. Abby and I are in Pride and Prejudice, Zeke, Isaac and Elizabeth are in Snoopy.
Pride and Prejudice is being done from an original script, put together just for Fine Linen with a couple of main goals -- to provide many different character roles and to be funny. We are having a great time with it already, and can't wait to see how it turns out when we get everyone together at the same time! I am cast as Lady Lucas, and Abby is in the ensemble.
Snoopy is a musical similar to You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, made up of separate vignettes straight from the comic strip, I believe. It is full of fun but challenging music, but we have such a talented group of kids it is going to be awesome, I'm sure. They are using over 40 kids in the production, so no one is cast fully as one character, but Zeke will be playing many of the Linus parts, including singing his solo and ensemble parts. Isaac and Elizabeth are part of the Woodstock/Pumpkin ensemble (cute kids in costume on stage, doing choreographed dances... or not )
I don't have any pictures, so I'm going to have to borrow some from others who have them out there on facebook or something. In the meantime, look at the website and see if you can come to one (or more) of our performances!
http://www.finelinendrama.com/

No comments: