Saturday, May 23, 2009

Reminiscing

While cleaning up my desk a bit, I ran across some pictures. Oh the memories!
The first picture was inspired by a Sunday morning when I realized we could do a purple/green color scheme. That was always the worst part of family pictures for me -- figuring out what everyone should wear. Now that I have teenagers, they tell me what we're wearing, so it is a lot easier!! So, I made an appointment at Sears for a family photo on the following Saturday evening, since we were going out anyway. After pictures, we had dinner at Spires, and then went to a community production of The Sound of Music, which was good, but REALLY long
(for a mom with little kids who was planning to go to 8:30 am church the next day!)
Going back a few years -- this might have been a church directory picture.
My kids love the glasses I wore in the 90s :)
And then, more recently, in Missouri, Dan and Becky in pioneer garb. The man in the beard, Carl Heth, raises oxen and hand-built a wagon for them to pull in the Phelps County Sesquincentennial Parade, representing the 1850s.... Dan and Becky were going to carry the banner in front, Cheryl and Brandon Shannon were the "pioneers."But the weather messed it all up: the people in charge decided to start the parade 15 minutes early, hoping to get it done before a huge thunderstorm hit the area... Carl always waits until the last minute to yoke the oxen, and by the time he got them yoked, he'd missed his turn in the parade... and so they had to walk the back way to the County Courthouse, where a few people got to see the oxen and the wagon. (It did storm, but the festivities continued between squalls~!)

No comments: