Saturday, May 23, 2009

Signs of Summer

Once again, time has flown by, and I'm way overdue on posting. Summer is on its way, too fast. Here are some of the signs around here:

Little children completely disrobing (I guess it is cooler!)

College kids home from school the sweat-stained baseball cap is here, so he must be home :) . I'm used to Andy's smell of Old Spice deodorant -- however, now the smell is raspberry, from one of those room fresheners he discovered while away at college (survival skill).
It's pretty cool when the the easiest way to please your kids is to carry a cold watermelon in from the outside fridge! One of the things I craved while pregnant was watermelon, and I ate a lot of it (fortunately for our budget, we lived in California, where we could get watermelon pretty reasonably year-round). While I hesitate to be too proud, I rarely pick a bad watermelon, and my kids have picked up the habit of watermelon gorging from me... we really should count how many we consume each year! (for the record, this particular one was not all that good!)

Sunburns and bleached out hair -- poor Abby suffered through the summer last year with a make-shift suit, so this year, she splurged and bought herself a "real" one from Land's End. But she managed the sunburn and hair even without the new suit!
Baseball and wiffleball -- the official stuff, and the fun stuff in the backyard, played by all, including Elizabeth -- actually her favorite role is umpire! (I can't find my pictures....)

"Spring-cleaning" and reorganizing -- Dan needed more elbow-room, so we added a corner piece, bought another filing cabinet, and moved furniture around to give it to him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

MOM!!!!! people weren't supposed to see those pictures!!!!!!! to late now............

Abs